Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Best Gerbil Cage for the Best Gerbils in Houston

For the new visitors, I’ll recap quickly the story of the best gerbils in Houston. I got Miss Ruth and Miss Naomi for a couple I know. The gerbils were a birthday present, and of course I got the gerbils and the cage.

The first cage I got was a bit small. I didn’t know it at first, but when I got home, I took one look at the cage and the animals and decided they need better, roomier cage. I rushed back to the store and chose an aquarium, 20x10x15. This was good since it is:
- Safe.
- They can’t climb out.
- There are no bars to chew on.
- It is sturdy.
- We have the ability to see and watch them.

These critters are great pets and great companion. They are intelligent, interact with us, fun to watch, respond to us, friendly, curious about everything we do, and they are affectionate.

Miss Ruth and Miss Naomi love each other; they often groom and kiss each other. They never fight, and if one is not feeling well, the other is genuinely worried about her.

Now, about the new cage. A few weeks ago, I was fortunate to care for them one more time because my friends went to see the 40th anniversary of the Apollo launch in Florida.

While I babysat the girls, I decided that they need yet a bigger cage.

I liked the idea of the aquarium, mostly because of the safety aspects. I bought a 30x10x15 aquarium. Boy, that made a difference!

They have plenty of room to play, run, build, destroy, and do whatever they want. There is room for the houses, tubes, twigs (they love to chew on twigs), the wheel, the food bowl, etc. It does not cramp their style, and it is a snap to clean.

It is definitely the best cage if you can spare 30” space.

Take a look for yourself. As you will note, one of my cats, Monsi, found a new perch.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cat freaks me out! But the cage was pretty awesome!

Post a Comment